Sunday, May 25, 2014

Apple Bacon Coleslaw

Apple-Bacon Coleslaw. Yes, you heard me right. And it's amazing!!! I saw a recipe for it, but the girl's blog was down when I actually went to put it together, so I improvised. Here you go...

The Slaw:
1 head of cabbage, sliced very thin, then sliced again the other way. You want to get it as small as possible.
1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces and fried
1 apple, skin on, sliced and diced
1/2 red onion, minced

The Dressing:
Juice from one lemon
1/2 cup of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2 cup mayo
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and fresh ground pepper

Mix all the slaw ingredients together, then in a separate bowl mix the dressing ingredients together. Whisk the dressing ingredients well, then add to the slaw. I made it a day before I wanted to eat it to let it marinate and think about just how awesome it wanted to be. I even got a non-slaw eater to try it and he liked it!



 This was a side for pulled BBQ pork. I grilled some corn tortillas and made BBQ pulled pork tostadas topped with this slaw and a homemade peach BBQ sauce. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment