Sunday, June 22, 2014

Gluten Free Menu Plan 06/15/14

Another week without a concrete meal plan, but I always have lots of stuff in my freezer and fresh fruits and veggies on hand.

Breakfasts: Hard boiled eggs and bacon, bananas

Lunches: Mediterranean chicken meatballs over salad greens, tuna salad and lentil crackers, leftovers from dinners.

Dinners:

Sunday was Father's Day so went went to see my in-laws. They made some really tasty steaks, there was an Asian style salad, and some really good potato salad made with fresh peas. We made a Vietnamese pork spring roll to round out the Asian theme. Everyone had a nice time, and the food was great.

I just couldn't get enough of the Asian food this week, so I made a huge batch of Crispy Beef. I served this with sticky rice and roasted broccoli.

Caleb really out did himself this week. He went to the local butcher and picked up two really thick, bone-in pork chops. I have no idea what he seasoned them with, but they had a great flavor and were grilled to perfection. He served it with roasted sweet potatoes with honey butter, and sauteed kale.

I made chicken braised in white wine with roasted baby red potatoes and mushrooms, and kale sauteed with bacon.

One night we were so tired that we didn't even cook. We both ate leftovers.

And last night we went out to an awesome dinner at Langerman's, Canton, in Baltimore. They have a huge selection of gluten free options. I started with seared scallops over creamy grits with bacon, and Caleb started with truffle-honey wings. They were both so flavorful. We decided to really take our time with the meal since we were sitting at the bar, so we had another starter after those. It was a seared ahi tuna with pickled cucumbers and onion. That wasn't my favorite, but it was good. For our entrees we were both torn about what to order. I asked the bartenders what they would choose from between the sea bass or the short ribs. They both said that those were their two favorite dinner items, so we went with those. The sea bass was so perfect. Crisp on the out side, and moist on the inside, served over creamed corn with arugula, wild mushrooms, and fingerling potatoes. The braised short ribs were served over mashed potatoes with asparagus and a tarragon infused demi glace. I wish we could eat there every night!

This week I am getting back to writing out an actual plan, and taking pics of the food again. I'm planning a loaded baked potato salad as a side dish today, and a bacon wrapped jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and pineapple. Both of these will be posted this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment